Saturday, August 17, 2013

Typical Siblings (My Daughter Ladybelle)

Right Now: Have I mentioned how much singing is a part of my soul? Specifically, being a lead worshipper. For the last decade this has been happening from the audience (I'm kinda loud). God has seen fit for me to worship from the front again, and while I am so aware we are drawing others to know Him better - y'all it blesses me in the deepest way, just when I need it the most. Thank you Most High. You know my heart like no one else.

A Couple of Weeks Ago: My Ladybelle (2.5 years old) and I took our first girls' trip. She's typical (that's autism speak for she doesn't have autism) and hilarious, a little girl in every way and just generally a delight. She gets all up in Little Handsome's business all the time and on a personal level, I am just so grateful that she's been a talker from the very beginning.

This Girls' Weekend was simple and needed, but there was one thing that I didn't expect. Ladybelle was decidedly lonely in the backseat. She pleaded for a good portion of the trip for me to come back and sit with her. Although it hurt my heart, I love that she not only pushes and challenges and coaxes Little Handsome (big brother) out of his autistic world, but she loves and misses him when he's not there. On a side note, she also does a great job getting her little brother to giggle in the car.

So when I am torn, between all my kiddos and making sure they are getting to be involved in this activity or that, God used that trip to show me that the very important thing is that Ladybelle gets time with me - it doesn't matter if its to the grocery store or to visit our family or to the post office. And also, that she has a perfect Ladybelle role in our family. I just love that He does that for us. Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment